As per the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), occupational therapy (OT) is the only profession that helps people across the lifespan to do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations). The expertise of occupational therapists allows people of all ages to improve their overall health and wellness and prevent or manage their health conditions, disabilities, or injuries.
With a holistic perspective and evidence-based approach, each patient under the care of a licensed and competent OT can actively recover and regain their sense of self-worth and independence, participate in social activities, develop or maintain important life skills, and live a more self-directed life. In addition to that, each patient will follow an individualized treatment plan to ensure optimum outcomes.
Partnering with us here at Josel Homecare and Staffing Agency will help you search and employ some of the best occupational therapists in the field who are verified and qualified in providing exceptional patient care services.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of occupational therapists include:
- Reviewing patient’s medical history
- Evaluating the patient’s condition and his/her home and workplace
- Developing an individualized treatment plan for each patient
- Recommending home and work environment modifications
- Teaching patients the proper usage of assistive devices
- Demonstrating appropriate exercises
- Providing guidance and education to patients, the patients’ families, and their caregivers
- And many more
Contact us anytime for inquiries and concerns!